Why Join NPI?
Marketing Your Business – NPI’s digital directory is a way for potential clients/patients to find you. It is also a vehicle for other mental health providers to conveniently make referrals to you. Increasing your Internet presence through your NPI Directory Listing will help to drive clients to your individual website.
Professional Growth – NPI’s monthly CE Luncheons, Workshops and Seminars provide quality programming and Continuing Education Opportunities close to home and at reasonable rates.
Personal Growth – NPI fosters connections with other professionals. Working in the field of mental health can be isolating. Whether in the public or private sector, providers need the benefit of learning from and connecting with other colleagues in their fields. These connections enhance our own psychological wellness.
Resources – Exclusive access to the NPI List-serve, Electronic Billboard, CE Luncheon announcements, and Newsletter (Reflections) are ways of learning about and publicizing resources for clients and professionals.
The purposes of the Nashville Psychotherapy Institute include:
- The promotion and sponsorship of post-graduate continuing education programs for practicing psychotherapists who are licensed or certified in one of the following professions: Marriage and Family Therapy, Pastoral Counseling and Psychotherapy, Professional Counseling, Psychiatric Counseling, Psychiatry, Psychology, Social Work and Substance Abuse Counseling.
- The promotion of interdisciplinary dialogue and support among the various psychotherapeutic professions.
- Cooperation in sponsoring and promoting continuing education activities in psychotherapy.
- All persons who are certified and/or licensed to provide psychotherapy and who are members in good standing of their respective professional associations are eligible for Member status.
- Membership Dues are on a 12 month basis. Your membership will expire on the anniversary date of when you paid your dues the previous year.
Basic Membership… $150/year
Membership to NPI including the benefits of marketing and resource listserv, ability to register for monthly CE luncheons and bi-yearly retreat, personal and professional growth, newsletter, and other benefits.
Sustaining Membership… $350/year
Includes the benefits of Basic Membership along with free attendance at monthly NPI CE Luncheons ($120 savings)
Non-Profit … $75/year
Those who qualify for basic membership but who work full time in a non-profit mental health center or other agency.
Early Career / Student … $75/year
Those who hold a Master’s degree or above in a mental health field and are actively working toward licensure under supervision or who are currently engaged in a graduate program related to the practice of psychotherapy. Students with a valid student ID pay $15 per CE Luncheon.
Retired Membership… $75/year
Individuals who meet the basic member requirements and are no longer practicing in the mental health field but want to continue interacting with and supporting NPI.