- Practice Setting
- Not-for-profit Agency
- Languages Spoken
- Population Served
- Child, Adolescent, Family
- Treatment Modes
- Assessment, Body-Centered, Case Management, Cognitive-Behavioral (CBT), Experiential, Holistic / Mind / Body, Humanistic, Play Therapy, Psychodynamic
- Professional Associations
- NASW National Association of Social Workers
- Additional Information
I work for Centerstone as an Intensive In-Home therapist for children and adolescents.
I have also been studying Jin Shin Jyutsu (a Japanese healing art similar to acupressure or Reiki) since 1997 and am a certified practitioner.
- Special Factors
Jin Shin Jyutsu can be helpful for those suffering from chronic pain, trauma, and a wide variety of mental, emotional, and physical ailments. Sessions involve light touch, applied over clothing, while the recipient lies on his or her back on a massage table (the recipient may also be in a seated position). It is a powerful adjunct to psychotherapy, as it helps relieve symptoms of anxiety, depression, and stress, such as dissociation, fatigue, lack of motivation, and shortness of breath.
- Payment Arrangements
- Agency Policies Apply (see note)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Therapist's Gender
- Personal Statement
I believe that trauma-related disorders can be treated effectively by focusing on the connection between body, mind, and spirit.